American College of Healthcare Sciences: Federal Student Aid Procedures
ACHS has been approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Title IV federal student aid programs for qualifying students in the following program:
- Diploma in Aromatherapy Master Aromatherapist
- Diploma in Holistic Health Practice
- Associate of Applied Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine
- Master of Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine
Click on Federal Student Aid Programs in the left hand menu for more information and eligibility requirements for each program.
All Federal Student Aid applicants must meet the minimum eligibility requirements as determined by the U.S. Department of Education. Please review these requirements online here including citizenship or immigration status requirements.
Once you have been recommended for admission to the College into a qualifying program and determined that you meet the U.S. Department of Education eligibility requirements for federal student aid (reminder, please review https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/infographic-accessible), please complete the following steps:
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ for the school year in which you plan to attend. If you have already completed a FAFSA, update it to add "American College of Healthcare Sciences" to your list of colleges - School Code: 04194400. After completing the FAFSA, you will be given the amount for the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Be sure to remember it because it will be needed for ACHS’s financial aid interview process.
Important: The FAFSA is the only form that a student is required to complete to be considered for student assistance from any of the Title IV, HEA programs. However, completing the FAFSA is not a guarantee of funding. The Department of Education or ACHS may request additional documentation to verify or support your application for federal student aid. Students cannot be awarded financial aid until the verification process is complete.
Your ACHS Financial Aid Advisor will provide you with the contact information for the ACHS Virtual Financial Aid Office once you have been accepted for admission and counseled about your ACHS Financial Aid options. Once accepted and referred to the Virtual Financial Aid Office, you will first register for an account, then complete your Student Interview. To complete your student interview, you will need the following information:
- Your EFC from your FAFSA.
- Your program start date from your admissions advisor (Current students should list the next semester start date).
- Your recommended enrollment status based on the amount of study time you can commit to studies each week and upon recommendation from the ACHS Admissions Committee or your academic advisor if a current student.
- Your expected completion date from your admissions advisor, or academic advisor if you are a current student, based on your recommended rate of pursuit.
If your application is selected for verification by the Department of Education or ACHS, you maybe asked to submit additional documentation to support your application. For example, you may be asked to submit one or more of the following (note it is not possible to list all of the types of documentation you may be asked to submit):
- Tax Transcripts
- Official Transcripts for all Prior College Attended
- High School Completion Verification
- Statement of Educational Purpose
- Under 23 years old and not emancipated:
- Parent(s)' W2 Forms may also be needed 
- Parent(s)' Federal Income Tax Return
- Student's W2 Forms may also be needed
- Signed copy of Student's Federal Income Tax Return
- Asset Value Worksheet - Dependent 
- Dependent Verification Worksheet 
- Over 23 years old or emancipated:
- Signed copy of Student's and/or Spouse’s Federal Income Tax Return
- Student's W2 Forms may also be needed
- Asset Value Worksheet - Independent 
- Independent Verification Worksheet 
 Parents' income will be factored into federal aid eligibility for students under twenty-three years of age.
Forms marked with an asterisk (*) must be downloaded from the ACHS Virtual Financial Aid Office, and you will be sent information about how to download these forms as applicable.
Contact the college for more information on submitting these items to our financial aid office.
The college will notify you of your award amount. Once you have enrolled and registered for courses, the awarded funds for tuition and fees will be sent directly to the college.
Criteria for continued student eligibility:
In order to remain eligible for federal student aid, you must complete the FAFSA each award year and comply with the college's policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress as detailed in the ACHS Program Catalog. Learn more about your commitment to satisfactory academic progress online here. You should also review these requirements with your admissions adivsor and carefully consider if you can meet these requirements to ensure your continued eligibility for federal student aid. Your ACHS student services and faculty teams are also here to support you!
Criteria for determining eligibility and amount of awards:
Students who meet basic eligibility criteria for federal student aid are awarded a financial aid package. Your award types and amounts are dependent on the credential level of your program, you Expected Family Contribution (EFC), your year in school, your enrollment status, and the cost of attendance (COA).
ACHS determines each student’s cost of attendance, based on their program and enrollment status. Your EFC is subtracted from your COA to determine how much need-based aid your are eligible for. To determine how much non-need-based aid you can receive, ACHS takes your cost of attendance and subtracts any financial aid you’ve already been awarded.
For additional information about how award amounts are calculated, please refer to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/next-steps/how-calculated.