Homeopathy is treating illness with minute doses of remedies, which, when taken in larger doses by healthy people are capable of producing symptoms similar to the disease. It is based on the natural law of healing “Similia Similibus Curantur,” which means “like cures like”.
Two Greek words, Homois meaning "similar "and pathos meaning "suffering" are the source of the word homeopathy. The principle was understood as far back as 450 BC by Hippocrates, the Greek founder of medicine, and was further developed 1000 years later by Paracelsus, the Swiss alchemist. In the early 19th century, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) developed and gave Homeopathy the scientific and systematic system as it is practiced today. Homeopathy is readily accepted in Britain and India where it is recognized as part of the National System of Medicine. The scientific principles developed by Hahnemann are empirically effective and continue to be followed with success.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Create and blend homeopathic ointments
- Prepare and use specific remedies for first aid, chronic conditions, and stress
- Explain the history and philosophy of homeopathy
- Prepare a homeopathic travel kit
- Adapt homeopathic remedies for pregnancy, breast-feeding, babies, and children
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $435.57. This includes:
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2015). NAT 204: Energenic Modalities II: Homeopathy. Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences. - $100
(Optional: Printed copy available for an additional $79)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $99
- NAT 204 Practical Lab Kit - $24.58
- Homeopathic Family Kit (a selection of 32 remedies in a 3 drawer case) - $179.99
The Required Publisher Textbook*:
- Hershoff, A. (2000). Homeopathic Remedies: A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and Their Homeopathic Treatments. New York, NY: Penguin Putnam Inc. ISBN# 9780895299505** $17.00
Total Course Price: $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $435.57 Course Pack + $17 Textbook = $1427.57
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as a Kindle eBook from amazon.com.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.