Nat 211 is the second of three Level Two anatomy and physiology programs at ACHS.
This course covers the following body systems: special senses, the endocrine system, blood and the cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, the immune system, the respiratory system, and the urinary system.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Discuss and describe the body's structure and function in a healthy state.
- Identify the components, using medical terminology, of the following body systems: Cardiovascular, integumentary, respiratory, digestive, liver and gallbladder.
- Recall and describe holistic protocols for the optimal wellness of the systems studied, using the examples studied in the clinical correlates for each system.
- Recall and describe complementary protocols for the clinical correlates studied in each section.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $245.09. This includes:
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2015). NAT 211: Anatomy & Physiology II.
Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences. - $100
(Optional: Printed copy available for an additional $79)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $99
- NAT 211 Practical Lab Kit - $26.09
The Required Publisher Textbooks*:
- Brown, K., & Pollak, J. (1999). Herbal Teas: 101 Nourishing Blends for Daily Health and Vitality. North Adams, MA: Storey. ISBN: 9781580170994 $16.95
- Hansen, J. (2014). Netter's Anatomy Coloring Book (2nd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders. ISBN: 9780323187985 $19.95 (You should already have this textbook from NAT 210.)
- Thibodeau, G., & Patton, K. (2015). Structure and Function of the Body (15th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier. ISBN# 9780323341127*** $64.95 (You should already have this textbook from NAT 210.)
Thibodeau, G., & Patton, K. (2015). Structure and Function of the Body: Study Guide (15th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier. ISBN# 9780323394567** $38.95 (You should already have this textbook from NAT 210.)
Total Course Price: $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $245.09 Course Pack + $16.95 Textbook = $1237.04
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as a Kindle eBook from amazon.com.
*** This textbook is also available as an eBook ISBN: 9780323088497 $51.16, and in Kindle format.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.