This course focuses on pathophysiology and holistic protocols for clients experiencing acute and chronic problems. This course trains students to be able to understand and explain the basic principles of pathophysiology as well as the mechanical and biochemical changes caused by a variety of diseases or imbalances.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Understand and explain the underlying principles of pathophysiology.
- Recognize and employ pathophysiological terms to describe disease characteristics.
- Understand the basic cell changes associated with disease processes.
- Evaluate when to refer clients to their primary care provider for diagnosis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) principles and create holistic protocols that address the client's wellness goals overall.
- Compare and contrast allopathic and holistic protocols.
- Utilize the principles of CAM and holistic therapies to enhance their holistic protocol skills in clinical practice, healthcare education programs, or retail environments.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials cost (Course Pack)—including standard shipping within the United States—is $219. This includes:
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2015). NAT 302: Holistic Pathophysiology. Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences. - $100
(Optional: Printed copy available for an additional $79)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $99
The Required Publisher Textbooks*:
- VanMeter, K. C. & Hubert, R. J. (2015). Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions. (5th Ed.). St. Louis: MO, Elsevier/Saunders. ISBN# 9780323240871** (Bundle includes Study Guide) $130.46
- Murray, M.T. & J. Pizzorno (2012). Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Atria Paperback. ISBN: 9781451663006** $29.99
Total Course Price: $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $219 Course Pack + $160.45 Textbooks = $1354.45
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as a Kindle eBook from amazon.com.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.