Advanced Sports Nutrition offers strong research-oriented coverage of both nutrition and exercise physiology with practical, applied information useful to students who will counsel and provide dietary and training guidelines to athletes. It reviews evidence-based information to support the use of more than 25 different natural herbs, supplements, and nutrients to enhance physical performance and endurance and incorporates the latest publications on the on the acute and chronic effects of sports nutrition and supplementation strategies.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $120. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $100
Textbooks and Media*
- Williams, M., Rawson, E., & Branch, J. (2016). Nutrition for Health, Fitness, & Sport (11th ed.). New York: Mc Graw Hill. ISBN: 99780078021350
- Mueller, K. & Hingst, J. (2013). The Athlete’s Guide to Sports Supplements (1st ed.). Champaign: Human Kinetics. ISBN: 9780736093699
- Selected articles from the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (JISSN).
Total Course Price: $1425 (3 credits x $475 per credit) + $120 Course Pack + $203.66 Textbooks = $1,748.66
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
- Expert faculty with real-world professional experience
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.
Optional Recommended Reading
Click here to view the recommended reading bundle.
- Clark, N. (2013). Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook (5th ed.). Champaign: Human Kinetics.
- Kleiner, S. & Greenwood-Robinson, M. (2013). Power Eating (4th ed.). Champaign: Human Kinetics.