Holistic nutrition is the foundation to any natural health lifestyle plan for optimal health. This course covers CAM topics in nutrition such as raw food, food combining, fasting, elimination and juice therapy, acid-alkaline theory and the use of herbs in the diet. Recent issues in nutrition will be reviewed using contemporary authors, such as Michael Pollan and Kimberly Lord Stewart.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $118. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $100
The Required Publisher Textbooks*:
- Haas, E. & Chace, D. (2012). The Detox Diet: The Definitive Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans (3rd ed.). Berkeley, CA: Ten Speed Press. ISBN: 9781607743255** $16.99
- McMillan, T. (2012). The American Way of Eating: Undercover at Walmart, Applebee’s, Farm Fields and the Dinner Table. New York, NY: Scribner. ISBN: 9781439171950** $25.00
- Pollan, M. (2008). In Defense of Food. New York, NY: Penguin Books. ISBN: 9780143114963** $16.00
- Stewart, K.L. (2007). Eating Between the Lines. New York, NY: St. Martin’s Griffin. ISBN: 9780312347741** $23.00
- Vasey, C. (2006). The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health. (2nd ed.). Rochester, VT: Healing Arts Press. ISBN: 9781594771545** $12.95
Total Course Price: $1425 (3 credits x $475 per credit) + $118 Course Pack + $93.94 Textbooks = $1636.94
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as a Kindle eBook from amazon.com.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.
Optional Recommended Reading
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
Last updated 01/9/17