This course reviews evidence-based information to support the clinical use of more than 25 different natural herbs, supplements, and nutrients. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to understand and discuss the available nutrition and dietary supplement support protocols for more than 12 different common health conditions.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Evaluate and determine when to choose food or supplements
- Understand and develop therapeutic protocols that can be used to manage or support other treatment regimes in promoting health
- Review and discuss information on mechanism of action, indication, doses, interactions, and side effects to ensure safe, effective use of common dietary supplements, such as: bilberry, calcium, fish oils, ginkgo, iron, licorice, magnesium, phytoestrogens, selenium, turmeric, B vitamins, and zinc
- Research and review the available nutrition and dietary supplement support in a number of common conditions such as: acne, breast disease, carpel tunnel syndrome, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, irritable bowel syndrome, menopause, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials cost (Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $120. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $100
- Jamison, J.R. (2004). Clinical Guide to Nutrition and Dietary Supplements in Disease Management. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN: 9780443071935 $94.95
- Insel, P., Ross, D., McMahon, K., & Bernstein, M. (2017). Nutrition (6th ed.). Jones & Bartlett. ISBN-13: 9781284100051 $211.95
Total Course Price: $1425 (3 credits x $475 per credit) + $120 Course Pack + $306.90 Textbooks = $1851.90
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.
Optional Recommended Reading
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
Last updated 06/10/16