SPA120 introduces students to the spa industry and provides knowledge of the historical significance of spas and current industry trends and challenges. Students will become familiar with the major types of spas and different types of spa treatments. They will gain general knowledge of legal requirements for spa design and construction, major employment laws, and operational policies and practices. Important Complementary and Alternative Medicine modalities that can be utilized by the spa practitioner will also be presented. The course is focused on good business practices such as client management, ethics, and employee relations.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $177.00. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $66
Total Course Price: $330 (2 credits x $165 per credit) + $177 Course Pack = $507
- Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates