State Authorization


American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and is authorized to provide distance education to students in any SARA member state.

The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement is an agreement among member states, districts, and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. SARA membership makes it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. Full information about the benefits of SARA to students is available online at

The following states are not members of SARA as of October 2016: California, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York. ACHS is in compliance with the requirements for out-of-state institutions and able to accept students in these non-member states (state contact information is listed below):


Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833


Education & Employment Information Center


Commission for Independent Education
325 W Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400


Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place, Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108  


Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
P.O. Box 542
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-05


New York State Education Department
Office of College and University Evaluation
EBA Room 969
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12234

Who do I contact if I have a grievance with ACHS?

Our goal is to treat everyone the way we like to be treated: With respect and fairness! We're very proud of our high student satisfaction ratings (check out our current rates online here), and we like to think we're doing a good job. However, we're all human and mistakes can happen.

We always want to hear from you if there’s something we can do better or to support your learning and experience at ACHS. Please visit for contact information to share your feedback with the best ACHS team member.

If your grievance cannot be resolved after working with ACHS, you may file a complaint with ACHS’s home state of Oregon. Complete the Office of Degree Authorization Complaint form online at and submit to:

Higher Education Coordinating Commission
Private Postsecondary Education
Office of Degree Authorization
775 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301

If you reside outside the State of Oregon, you may contact the states above using the contact information listed and visit to file a grievance with SARA-member states.