The mission of the AAS Health and Wellness degree program is to broaden students’ knowledge and skills with a mind-body-spirit approach to health and wellness. Students will explore various approaches to health and wellness and study the concepts, values, and applications of this exciting field of health science.
The AAS Health and Wellness program is aimed particularly at students who want to coach clients in developing healthy lifestyle habits, including: nutrition, managing daily stress, and becoming more physically active. This program is intended for anyone seeking a healthier life for themselves and their families and to help others achieve health and wellness in a non-clinical setting through education and coaching strategies.
The Associate of Applied Science in Health and Wellness program is designed to provide a solid foundation for entry-level careers in traditional health settings such as hospitals, private medical offices, and public health agencies as well as integrative health and wellness organizations and companies. Graduates can be at the forefront of the movement of collaborative and integrative health care. In addition, opportunities may exist in newly emerging preventative health services in corporate wellness centers, college health services, insurance agencies, and pharmaceutical companies.
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Health and Wellness prepares students to enter the health and wellness industry as a:
- Health and Wellness Consultant, Educator , Writer, or Speaker
- Health and Wellness Consultant within Community Health Organizations, Government, Residential Care Facilities, Schools, Prisons, Community Wellness programs, Retirement Villages, Old Age Homes, Frail Care Centers, Nursing Homes and Home Healthcare Agencies
- Health and Wellness Practitioner
- Health and Wellness Coach
- Wellness Coach
- Lifestyle coach or consultant
- Health Care Industry Assistant - Day Spa, Holistic Retreat, Spa facility
- Administrative or support role in any company in the health care industry such as medical center, fitness or wellness center, private practice yoga studio, natural food store, restaurant or educational facility.
- Customer service role within the health care industry
- Sales associate role within the health care industry
- Medical Assistant, administrator, reception, or other support role in a licensed naturopathic clinic or other healthcare setting
The Associates degree is also designed for:
- Medical professionals wishing to increase their knowledge of this exciting field and integrate it into a new or existing practice, including Medical Doctors, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Naturopaths, Nurses, Veterinarians, Respiratory Therapists, or Social Workers who are not looking for undergraduate level study
- Consumers looking to integrate holistic health principles into their life for their personal health and wellbeing.
For all graduates, this program:
- Is approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professional (NANP)
- Meets the education requirements for graduates to sit for the Board Exam in Holistic Nutrition certification, offered by the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board (http://nanp.org/hncb), entitling successful candidates to use the title, “Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®”, in accordance with State laws.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency and recommendation for admission by the ACHS Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name below for each Total Course Price or click here for the projected maximum cost for this program, including materials that have the greatest outlay for students.
The recommended course sequence for this program is published in the ACHS Program Catalog available to download online here.
 This degree does not satisfy the requirements to become a CHES Health Educator.
 Depending on electives chosen.