As an Institute of Higher Learning, ACHS offers many funding options in addition to the scholarship opportunities detailed below including in-house payment installment plans. Check out all of ACHS's funding options online here, or contact an Admissions Advisor at 800-487-8839 to discuss your options.
ACHS students may qualify for a wide range of private scholarship programs in addition to military benefits and employer tuition assistance programs. For information about military funding at ACHS, please click here. You can also view all of your financial aid options online here.
ACHS Adult Scholarship Program
ACHS offers a scholarship for adult students in the form of a one-time $1000 tuition scholarship (not to exceed 35% of tuition for the student's enrolled program). The College awards up to 10 of these scholarships each year and selects recipients based on the following criteria:
- Acceptance for admission to a program consisting for at least six semester credits;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a state-approved high school diploma or equivalency (GED);
- Have a demonstrated record of academic success [If a new applicant at ACHS, please provide your previous College transcripts.]
- If awarded, the scholarship is pro-rated per course, granting a scholarship of up to 35% of tuition up to the maximum award of $1000. Enrolled students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for continued award of the scholarship up to $1000.
To apply, please complete the ACHS Adult Scholarship Application and submit with the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to ACHS, 5005 SW Macadam Avenue, Portland, OR 97239 Attn: Scholarships:
- Official transcripts demonstrating previous academic success (Please notify us if you have already submitted your transcripts for your admissions application)
- Two letters of recommendation from suitable professional references attesting to your ability to be successful in studies and your commitment to the holistic health field
ACHS Adult Scholarship applications are reviewed three times per year. Application deadlines and review dates for 2016 are listed below:
|ACHS Semester||Application Deadline||Due Date for Committee Review||Recipients Notified|
In addition to the ACHS Adult Scholarship Program, there are several nonprofit and private scholarships available to students on an individual application basis. Check out our blog by by ACHS Senior Admissions Advisor Amanda Heller on resources for finding a scholarship for your education.
Click here for more information about scholarships for military students.
Click here to view the 2016 Fall Scholarship Recipient Profiles.