All faculty at ACHS are required to meet the Oregon Office of Degree Authorization and the Distance Education Accrediting Commission's requirements for faculty qualifications.
Requirements for undergraduate instructors:
- Masters degree with 18+ graduate credit hours in the field they are teaching from a school accredited by a US Department of Education recognized agency.
Requirements for graduate instructors:
- PhD in the field they are teaching from a school accredited by a US Department of Education recognized agency; relevant terminal degrees such as an ND, MD, DC, DO, or L.Ac. with compensatory professional experience may also be considered.
All instructors must have:
- At least two years teaching experience and subject knowledge.
- Experience using an online learning management system such as Blackboard, D2L, Canvas, Moddle or similar platforms.
Additional requirements for specialized programs:
- Registered Dietitians or nutrition professionals Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition™ through the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board with the requisite degree(s) are preferred.
- Aromatherapy certification from an Alliance of International Aromatherapists and National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy approved program and Registered Aromatherapist™ (RA) credential from the Aromatherapy Registration Council.
All other health sciences:
- RN's, ND, MD's, DC's , L.Ac.’s, or DO's are considered for other subjects.
Annual Continuing Education Requirements
- ACHS faculty are also required to complete annual continuing education requirements.