ACHS has three conferral periods each year in which certificate, diplomas, or degrees may be conferred. ACHS also celebrates all graduates annually by holding a Virtual Commencement, which currently is broadcasted live from the Portland, Oregon campus.
When applying for graduation you will be asked if you would like to attend the ACHS Virtual Commencement either online or in person.
2018 ACHS Graduation Ceremony Information
WHEN: Friday, October 12, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific time
Registration deadline to attend in person and receive regalia in time for the ceremony is September 7, 2018.
You and your loved ones are invited to join ACHS in person in Portland, Oregon at Rosswood Restaurant or online via live webcast for the 2018 Graduation Ceremony. The celebration will feature:
- ACHS Founding President Dorene Petersen
- ACHS President Erika Yigzaw
- 2018 DEAC Outstanding Graduate Lisa Donaldson
- 2018 DEAC Famous Alumni Inga Wieser
- Presentation of the 2018 Faculty teaching awards and 2018 Graduates
- Graduate stories
- And so much more!
Even if you've already graduated, we'd love to celebrate your hard work and invite you to walk in our ceremony.
How to Apply for Graduation
1. Complete Your Program Requirements – Review your degree (program) audit by logging into your MyACHS Student Information Portal. Ensure your academic record is complete and any incomplete grades are finalized before graduation.
2. Apply to Graduate – Complete the ACHS Graduation Application by the following deadlines:
If your last semester is:
- Fall: Apply by February 1
- Spring: Apply by June 1
- Summer: Apply by October 1
If you miss one of these deadlines, please reach out to the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 487-8839, and we'll be happy to help!
3. Ensure Finances are in Order – Satisfy any outstanding financial obligations with the ACHS Business Office by calling (800) 487-8839.
Financial Aid Students: Federal student loans require students to complete an online exit interview. For more details to ensure completion, please contact the Financial Aid Office by calling (800) 487-8839.
4. What to Expect After Application – You will receive an email confirmation from the Registrar’s Office within 48 hours of receipt.
Your certificate, diploma, or degree will be mailed to the address specified on your graduation application within 4-6 weeks of the conferral periods listed above. An email notification will be sent to you once your credential has been mailed.
Any address changes MUST be provided to the Registrar’s Office no later than the graduation application deadline!
Diploma frames may be ordered with Framing Success.
5. Additional Requirements – Academic Regalia
If you plan to attend the Commencement in Portland, OR it is mandatory to wear academic regalia. You will be asked to provide specific information when you RSVP. Academic regalia is included in the cost and will be available to you the day of the Commencement ceremony. If you plan to attend the Virtual Commencement and would like to order regalia for your own personal use, you may do so by visiting our regalia partner, Miners Graduate Services. Academic regalia will be shipped directly to you. Please ensure order is completed no later than 9/6/18 so that you will have regalia in time for the Commencement!
Honor cords and/or Americana cords may be purchased with our regalia provider or you may purchase Honor cords with the Delta Epsilon Honor Society if you are already a member.
Tassels may be ordered as well with our regalia provider.
If you have any questions regarding graduation, please email the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or call (800) 487-8839.
Use the links below to access frequently asked questions (FAQs) and commonly used student forms.