As President and Founder here at ACHS one of the joys of my responsibilites is reviewing the successful graduates four times a year when I also sign all the congratulatory letters. What a delight to see successful graduates not only from all over the United States but from far-flung places such as …….
Your admissions advisor will work with you every step of the way and make getting started easy! As a first step, we want to learn more about your goals and interests in studying so we can learn more about your goals and interests in studying to help you determine the best program to meet your needs.
STEP ONE: >> Click here to complete your ACHS Intake Assessment online.
STEP TWO: Self-Check your eligibility for admission below. Your admissions advisor will answer any questions you have about these requirements and help you get started!
1. Are you proficient in reading and writing English? ACHS courses are offered in English, and admission requires one of the following:
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must demonstrate college-level proficiency in English through ONE of the following:
- Undergraduate: A minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), OR 61 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) OR 44 on the PTE** Academic Score Report.
- Master’s Degree: A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT) OR 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), OR 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) OR 50 on the PTE Academic Score Report;
TOEFL Locations: http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/tclists/IBT_k.html
A student can also meet the minimum English proficiency through ONE of the following ways if the student has not met the above requirements:
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test – online at http://www.act.org/compass/tests/esl.html; OR
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam; OR
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “C” or higher at an appropriately accredited* accredited college or university where the language of instruction was English; “B” or higher for Master’s, First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree. OR
- A transcript indicating a grade of “C” or higher in an English composition course from an appropriately accredited* college or university; “B” or higher for Master’s, First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree; OR
- Undergraduate only: A high school diploma completed at an appropriately accredited/recognized high school (where the medium of instruction is English).
2. Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Students with a high school diploma or degree from a foreign institution should have their official transcript evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved member – http://naces.org/members.html
ACHS has had great experiences with the following evaluators:
World Education Services – http://www.wes.org/
International Education Research Foundation – http://www.ierf.org/
Please let us know how we can help! We look forward to working with you and helping you live your passion for holistic health and wellness!
International Student Support
ACHS is committed to the success of each and every one of our students. With students in nearly 80 countries worldwide, ACHS is experienced in supporting our international students. Here’s a snapshot of the tools for success you have access to as an ACHS international student:
- Convenient, low-fee wire transfer payment options that save you money and help you stretch your educational dollar. >> Learn more online here.
- 24/7 access to your online classroom including study tools, your instructor’s virtual office, and discussion with your peers – you’ll never have to worry what time it is!
- Dedicated admissions and student advisors are available by Skype and phone (and of course email) – just let us know the best time to reach you, and we’ll be happy to call you when you need help.
- Experienced shipping team that will make sure your materials arrive on-time and in perfect condition so you can hit the ground running in your studies!
So, what are you waiting for? Request information online here, and our experienced admissions advisors will help you with the rest!
We look forward to helping you live your passion for holistic health and wellness!