The New Year is a time of reflection and new beginnings. There is a feeling of new opportunity and hope, which inspires us to appreciate the accomplishments of the past year, large and small, and to “refresh” our goals for the coming year.
The American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) is more committed than ever to our college mission, to providing leadership in holistic health education through comprehensive professional online and on-campus education, including our commitment to sourcing and promoting the use of high quality natural products and sustainable practices and principles. This is our pledge — all of which is possible through your continual support.
We’d like to take a moment to share some of our accomplishments from 2012, which have helped pave the way for a fantastic 2013, including:
1. ACHS was approved to participate in Title IV Federal Student Aid programs. This additional funding enables students otherwise unable to enroll at ACHS to apply for admission and build the skills they need to begin or advance their careers in holistic health.
2. ACHS launched its new website! Our new website features several student-focused enhancements, including streamlined navigation of online Student Services tools and quick access to the ACHS FAQ Knowledgebase, fully searchable and accessible 24/7.
3. ACHS was awarded its fourth Military Friendly School Title from Victory Media, Inc. The 2013 Military Friendly Schools list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities, and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members and veterans as students.
4. ACHS and the Apothecary Shoppe College Store were re-certified as a Green America Gold Certified Business. The Green Business Certification is awarded to businesses that are actively using their business as a tool for positive social change.
5. Graduate Tracey Robbins was selected as the 2013 DETC Outstanding Graduate of the Year and Graduate Jane Thomas was selected as the ACHS 2013 DETC Famous Alumni of the Year.
This is a great time to be studying complementary alternative medicine! Thank you for all your support in 2012. We’re looking forward to a stellar 2013 and to sharing our accomplishments with you.
All of us here at ACHS wish you a bountiful New Year filled with health, happiness, and success!