This course provides essential oil materia medica training including the therapeutic uses, active constituents, methods of administration, and cautions and contraindications for each of the oils studied. Materia medica training includes botanical information, identification, sources, historical uses, parts used, cultivation, harvesting, production, characteristics, active constituents, therapeutic actions, medicinal uses, evidence-based uses, household uses, and perfumery. It is recommended that students also complete AROMA 303 to study the full complement of essential oils taught at ACHS.
Required Materials (Course Pack):
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $437.75. This includes:
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2016). Aromatherapy Materia Medica: Essential Oil Monographs. Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences. [You should already have this from the AROMA 303 course. Students will have access to download the eTextbook in the online classroom] - $100
(Optional: Printed copy available for an additional $133)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $115
- AROMA 304 Practical Lab Kit
Get the most up to date information about required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition and price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $437.75 Course Pack = $1412.75
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and recommended reading outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct edition and ISBN. Please note that some books may also be available digitally or for E-Readers.
- Expert faculty with real-world professional experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students
Optional Recommended Reading & Study Kits
Click here to view the optional Recommended Reading for this course.
Last updated 10/25/18