This course guides students in the fundamental principles of naturopathy or natural therapeutics. Emphasis is placed on the science and philosophy of healing using a variety of techniques that are in harmony with nature and the individual client. The varied techniques that a Holistic Health Consultant employs are covered, focusing on the desired outcome to increase the natural vitality of the client and bring the system back into balance. We examine the belief fundamental to natural healing that the human body contains a strong power to heal itself. While examining this belief we also look at how the Holistic Health Consultant is able to stimulate this power by instructing each client in how to maintain health once it is achieved, increasing vitality and building up one’s resistance through improved nutrition and a harmonious lifestyle.
Required Course Pack:
- NAT 303 Practical Lab Kit:
- Arnica 30c Boiron (Arnica montana)
- Rescue Remedy Bach Flower
- 1 oz German Chamomile Flowers (Matricaria recutita)
- 5 ml Lavender Essential Oil Organic (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 5 ml Clove Bud Essential Oil Organic (Syzygium aromaticum)
- 1 oz Peppermint Organic (Mentha ×piperita)
- 1 oz Yarrow Leaf and Flower (Achillea millefolium)
- ACHS Textbook eBook: Petersen, D. (2017). NAT 303: Holistic Pathology & Protocols (17th Edition). Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences. (Optional: Printed copy available for an additional fee)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR)
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19
None – Prior or concurrent anatomy & physiology training is recommended