This survey course will explore the field of integrative medicine, building familiarity with the variety of holistic health practices that fall under the complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) umbrella along with their fundamental or core concepts, methodologies, and theoretical foundations. Students investigate the multifaceted meaning of the term “holistic” and consider how each CAM modality fits within the holistic health paradigm.
Students will get familiar with the current research in the CAM field and gain a solid understanding of types of research study designs. They will learn to locate, assess, integrate and write the analysis in a format used by scientific research journals.
Required Course Pack:
- Discover Wellness: Integrative Health Modalities Kit:
- 1 oz packets of the following herbs: German Chamomile Flowers Organic Matricaria recutita, Peppermint Organic Mentha piperita, Lavender Flowers Organic Lavandula angustifolia, Lemon Balm Organic Melissa officinalis
- 5 ml bottles of the following essential oils: Sweet Orange Organic Citrus sinensis, Vetiver Organic Vetiveria zizanioides, Ylang Ylang Organic Cananga odorata, Lemon Organic Citrus limonum
- 2 oz Cobalt Bottle w/Spray
- Bamboo tea strainer
- Reed Diffuser Kit: Reed diffuser base oil 8oz, bamboo reeds, reed diffuser jar
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $115
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 1/30/20