This course is designed to develop the understanding, attitudes, and practices that contribute to better individual and community health. Starting with topics related to personal health, students will consider issues relating to physical health, psychological health, social health, intellectual health, spiritual health, and environmental health. In addition, we will explore ways to achieve better health through models of health behavior change, and will look at examination theories and case studies of risk communication campaigns and strategies. Additional module topics include: psychological health, stress management, violence and abuse, reproductive health, relationships, drug abuse, nutrition, weight management, physical fitness, environmental health, aging and dying, heart disease, and cancer.
Required Course Pack:
- Discover Wellness: Aromatherapy Kit:
- 5 ml bottle of the following Certified Organic essential oils: Lemon Citrus limonum, Grapefruit Citrus paradisi, Sweet orange Citrus sinensis, Lavender Lavandula angustifolia, Eucalyptus Eucalyptus globulus, Rosemary Rosmarinus officinalis
- 2 oz ml sweet almond oil (1)
- 25 ml glass beaker with stirring rod (1)
- Disposable pipettes (6)
- 2 oz plastic spray bottles (2)
- 1 ml bottles for blend storage (3)
- 1 ml roll-on bottles (3)
- Essential Oil Fragrance Description Chart and two recipes
- Hair Tonic Kit
- Wood comb
- 2 oz Argan Oil Organic
- 5 ml bottles of the following essential oils: Rosemary Rosmarinus officinalis, Lavender Lavandula angustifolia, Basil Ct. Linalool Ocimum basilicum, Cedarwood Atlas Cedrus atlantica, Thyme Thymus vulgaris OR Marjoram Origanum majorana
- Online Materials and Library Resouces (OMLR)
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19