Congratulations! You've achieved graduation from American College of Healthcare Sciences! We encourage you to celebrate your success by sharing news about you important and life-changing achievement by sending a personalized press release to your local news organizations. We've provided you with some sample language and formatting suggestions below. This is a great way to share your new credentials with your community and highlight your training, academic honors, and recognition from your peers. So, spread the word! Here's how:
- Use the sample press release draft below and customize your announcement with your program and personal details.
- Contact your local news organizations and other local media publications and ask for the best contact for press releases. These can often be sent by fax or email. The publication may also publish this information on their website.
- Distribute your press release to all of the local organizations you've identified.
- If sending by email, copy the release directly into an e-mail message addressed to your local newspaper(s). Use the subject line “Local Student Graduates from American College of Healthcare Sciences" or something similar that will catch the reader's attention. It's also a good idea to add "Photo available upon request" to the press release rather than attaching a photo by email. You could also direct them to a photo on your website or your own media kit or virtual press room on your website.
- Most importantly, call to follow up with the publications within 3 days of sending the press release. Don't be shy! Let them know who you are and how important it is that you've just graduated wth an accredited holistic health credential. Depending on where you live, you may be the only person in your community with this distinction! If you graduated with honors, let them know! Offer to make yourself available for an interview so they can share more about holistic health with their readers—a hot topic in the news today!
Sample Hometown News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Today's Date
Local Student Completes Studies at American College of Healthcare Sciences
Your City, State—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) is pleased to announce that [insert name here] of [insert town, state (or province)] has graduated from the American College of Healthcare Sciences with [his/her] [degree/ certificate] in [insert the full name of your program here].
ACHS, based in Portland, Oregon, is an accredited college offering degrees, diplomas, and career-training certificates in complementary alternative medicine (CAM). As a graduate of ACHS, [insert your last name here] has demonstrated a core body of knowledge in the field of [insert your area of focus here] and has successfully completed all requirements of the program.
“Graduation is a mark of dedication to the field of holistic health and to the future health and wellness of the community,” says ACHS President and Founder Dorene Petersen. “We believe in celebrating the accomplishments of our students and are incredibly proud of our [insert year] graduates!”
Optional paragraph about student: [insert your last name here] has deep roots in the community of [insert town]. [Insert your last name here] is the daughter of the local sheriff and graduated from XYZ high school. She completed her college program part-time while raising her two children while her husband serves in the military overseas. [Insert your last name here] plans on teaching health and wellness classes to local children through the local community center. Watch for the schedule called “SuperKids”in the spring.
Holistic healthcare is becoming more mainstream in the U.S. In 2013, nine states have Health Freedom laws, including Minnesota, California, Rhode Island, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico.
Forty-two percent of hospitals offered some form of alternative therapies to their patients, according to a 2010 survey of 5,800 facilities. When asked why, almost all responded "patient demand."
American College of Healthcare Sciences is an accredited member of the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), and is one of the only accredited holistic health colleges offering fully online graduate and undergraduate degrees, diplomas, career-training certificates, and continuing education courses in alternative medicine fields such as herbal medicine, aromatherapy, holistic nutrition, and wellness coaching. Founded in 1978, ACHS is committed to exceptional online education and is recognized as an industry leader in innovative and affordable holistic health education. ACHS has helped many students and graduates worldwide to change their lives and advance their skills in holistic health fields such as: Certified Wellness Coach, Certified Holistic Nutrition Consultant, Certified Aromatherapist, Master Herbalist, and Holistic Health Practitioner. For more information about accredited ACHS programs and community wellness events, visit www.achs.edu, call (800) 487-8839, or visit us on campus at 5940 SW Hood Ave., Portland, OR 97239.
 National Health Freedom Coalition. (2012). National Health Freedom Coalition Information Center. Retrieved from http://www.nationalhealthfreedom.org/InfoCenter/laws_passed.html