ACHS Guest Blogging Guidelines
ACHS graduates, students, faculty, and industry experts are invited to submit guest blog posts for the ACHS blog.
Submit a blog post of 600-1000 words on your favorite topic related to holistic health and wellness.
Blogging for ACHS gives you a great opportunity to share your expertise and build a strong web presence.
You'll receive full credit for your post, building your own business or expert status, and each published post earns you $50!
Some DO’s and DONT’S
- We strongly encourage all contributors to become familiar with our blog and the types of articles we publish. But don’t be limited; we’re interested in all sorts of posts. We publish on all things related to holistic health, essential oils, herbal medicine, holistic nutrition, wellness routines, recipes, and more!
- Keep your language light, but your content juicy and factual. A fun, informal tone is essential to a great blog post.
- Proofread carefully. Your post should come to us free from grammatical and spelling errors. Have a trusted friend read your post before you submit or use software like Grammarly to make your article shine.
- Include up to three original photos you would like to use. If you have photos that you don’t own, please provide a link to where you found them on them on the web. Depending on the photo, we may not have rights to publish the image. We will also provide purchased stock photos if needed.
- Include a photo of yourself and a brief bio (around 100 words) about you and your experience, education, and business. You are welcome and encouraged to include a link to your personal blog, business website, or consulting website.
- Cite your sources. As a college, citing evidence is very important to us! All blog post submissions must use footnotes and citations in APA format to cite all claims and evidence.
- Provide readers with a helpful takeaway. This could be a recipe, a secret tip, step-by-step instructions…anything that makes the reader think, “I learned something new today!”
- Craft a catchy but easy-to-understand title. Your title should tell the reader exactly what the post is about in the snazziest way possible. Check out HubSpot’s blog topic generator for inspiration.
- Stand out above the crowd! What makes your post unique from everything else on the web? Offer your individual insight that will make a reader’s life better or easier.
- Submit articles from blogging or marketing services. Currently, ACHS only accepts articles from freelance writers, students, faculty, and staff.
- Send submissions via email. Please submit using our online submission portal here.
- Send more than one submission at a time. Once you have heard back from us, you are welcome to submit a new post after 14 days.
- Submit previously published work. If your blog has been accepted for publication on the ACHS Blog, that same content must not be published online elsewhere without a reference to and a link back to the blog post at the ACHS Blog. However, you’re welcome and encouraged to share your blog post with your personal audience via social media, email, or otherwise immediately after publishing. You can also share the referenced and linked blog post on your blog or website by including the first 100-200 words and then linking to the ACHS blog published post. This helps avoid the google algorithms viewing the post as plagiarism.
- By submitting to the ACHS Health and Wellness Blog, you agree that you accept our terms and conditions and any form of editing the ACHS blog editors see as necessary.
- We may not be able to review and respond to every submission. Please do not be offended if we are unable to respond to your submission. It does not necessarily reflect the quality of your work but simply the large volume of submissions.
- Not all blog posts will be published, and due to the high volume of submissions we receive, there may be a delay in publication of weeks or even months. This does not necessarily reflect your writing or work.
- There are many factors that go into publishing a blog article. Sometimes a post does not fit with our theme for that month. Sometimes a piece is not accepted because it is too similar to something we’ve already published. Sometimes the writing is not quite up to our blogging standards. Don’t let this discourage you from continuing to write and sharing your work with us!
- Payment is made within 30 days of publication. If you have more than eight blog posts published, you will need to complete additional paperwork for tax purposes.
Submit your blog posts to our online submission portal here: https://contact.achs.edu/submit-to-the-achs-health-and-wellness-blog
Any questions? Contact Renee Long at communications at achs dot edu.