Milestones, Achievements, and Awards
Milestones and Achievements
- Launched the ACHS Doctor of Science in Integrative Health
- Debuted White Sage Essential Oil micro-credential
- Chosen as a 2023-2024 Military Friendly School, Silver designation.
- Achieved 5-year reaccreditation with the Distance Education Accrediting Commission
- Ranked #1 in the annual Oregon 100 Best Green Workplaces
- Debuted Integrative Cannabis Specialist (ICS®) micro-credential
- Chosen as a 2022-2023 Military Friendly School, earning Top 10 School designation for online schools with a 3rd place ranking.
- Ranked #4 in the annual Oregon 100 Best Green Workplaces
- Finished 27th overall in the Plastic Free Ecochallenge, as well as 2nd among schools & 1st place in Oregon.
- Founding President Dorene Petersen was a featured presenter at 2021 IFEAT Conference
- Tracey Abell appointed ACHS President
- Ranked #8 in the annual Oregon 100 Best Green Workplaces
- Debuted Aromatherapy in Cancer Care series
- Finished 18th overall in the Plastic Free Ecochallenge, as well as 3rd among schools & 1st place in Oregon!
- Honored with a When Work Works Award for the 2nd year
- ACHS Health and Wellness Blog Named One of the Best Holistic Blogs of 2017
- Ranked # 2 out of the top 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon
- ACHS awarded a Top Workplace Honor by The Oregonian in the small business category
- ACHS’s Portland Campuses Achieved the City of Portland Sustainability at Work Gold Certification
- ACHS established the ACHS Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Partnered with NCBTMB to collaborate on the first nationally-recognized Spa Management Specialty Certificate
- ACHS becomes a Certified B Corporation
- Honored with a When Work Works Award
- Portland Business Journal Awards ACHS with CFO of the Year Award
- ACHS was selected as a 2016 When Work Works VET Spotlight organization
- Selected by the Better Business Bureau as Finalist for a Torch Award
- The Oregonian awarded ACHS a Top Workplace Honor in the small business category
- Ranked number 6 out of the top 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon
- Victory Media’s Military Friendly School list continues to feature ACHS
- OnlineU.org names ACHS the #7 Most Affordable Online Nutrition Degree
- Achieved 5-year reaccreditation with the Distance Education Accrediting Commission
- Launched new Master of Science degree programs in Aromatherapy, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Nutrition, and Health and Wellness
- Launched new Associate of Applied Science in Health and Wellness program
- Received expanded National Association of Nutrition Professionals program approvals
- Launched Master Lecture Webinar series
- Achieved sanctioned school status by the International Iridology Practitioners Association (IIPA)
- Received Oregon Tilth Certified Organic Certification
- Joined International Federation of Essential Oils and Aroma Trades
- Changed name to American College of Healthcare Sciences (formerly Australasian College of Health Sciences) to celebrate our 20th anniversary based in the United States
- Approved to certify Veterans Education benefits as Institute of Higher Learning, expanding VA education benefit access to qualifying students
- Achieved 5-year reaccreditation from the DEAC
- Became an Oregon Office of Degree Authorization-approved Institute of Higher Learning (degree-granting institution)
- Launched the Associate of Applied Science and Master of Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine degree programs
- Achieved accreditation with the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) [Formerly Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)]
- Changed name to Australasian College of Health Sciences (formerly Australasian College of Herbal Studies) to represent the broad curricula offered
- Opened new campus in Portland, Oregon (formerly located in Lake Oswego, Oregon)
- Approved to certify Veterans Education benefits as a correspondence school
- Became first state-licensed college in the U.S. offering distance learning programs in complementary and integrative health
- Australasian College of Herbal Studies USA Inc. was incorporated in Oregon
- The U.S. campus opened its doors in Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Australasian College of Herbal Studies USA Inc. was incorporated in New Zealand
ACHS is a community of learners committed to the health and well-being of its students, faculty, staff, and the greater community. We honor our commitment by continually upholding the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethical and social responsibility, and are proud to have received the following awards in recognition:
Portland, OR—November 22, 2022—American College of Healthcare Sciences’ (ACHS) Associate of Applied Science in Integrative Health Sciences program achieved the Essential Employability Qualities Certification (EEQ CERT) granted by The Quality Assurance Commons after a rigorous process of external and independent review. EEQ Certified programs foster a distinctive set of attributes in their graduates and completers. These qualities are intended to prepare students to make important contributions in their workplaces. Learn more.
Portland, OR—June 17, 2021—ACHS was recognized as a 2021 Best for the World B-Corp with distinction in the Governance category. Selected B Corps are amongst the global top 5% in their corresponding size group. ACHS achieved a top score in overall mission, ethics, accountability and transparency. Learn more about ACHS’s impact here.
Portland, OR—May 20, 2019—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) was named number 3 out of the 2019 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon by Oregon Business magazine. ACHS ranked #5 in 2018, #2 in 2017, #6 in 2016, and #12 in 2015.
Portland, OR—September 28, 2017—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) has been awarded a 2017 Top Workplaces honor in the small business category by The Oregonian and OregonLive. The Top Workplaces lists are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by WorkplaceDynamics, LLC, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured, including Alignment, Execution, and Connection, just to name a few.
Portland, OR—September 1, 2017—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) has been named one of the Largest Women Owned businesses in Oregon and S.W. Washington for 2017 by the Portland Business Journal.
Portland, OR—May 24, 2017—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) has been honored with a 2017 When Work Works Award for its use of effective workplace strategies to increase business and employee success.
This prestigious award, part of the national When Work Works project administered by the Families and Work Institute (FWI) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), recognizes employers of all sizes and types in Oregon and across the country.
Portland, OR—September, 2016—The Better Business Bureau (BBB) selected American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) as Finalist for the 2016 BBB Torch Awards for Ethics. ACHS proudly accepted a Finalist Certificate in recognition of the College’s ongoing commitment to ethical business practices deserving of marketplace trust. The BBB Torch Award is an annual regional competition. Candidates are evaluated and recipients selected by a panel of independent judges from the business and academic communities.
Portland, OR—September 15, 2016—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) proudly announces that it has become the first accredited higher education institution specializing in holistic and integrative health and wellness to become a Certified B Corporation®. ACHS joins a select community of 1,800 companies—including only three higher education institutions—worldwide that have demonstrated their commitment to redefining success in business through this comprehensive certification.
Portland, OR—March 24, 2016—American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) has been named #7 Most Affordable Online Nutrition Degree by OnlineU.org, an online guide that ranks accredited online schools in the U.S.
OnlineU compares accredited online colleges across the nation based on annual tuition rates, and according to their website, “seeks to help driven people accomplish their education goals in a financially responsible manner.”
Victory Media’s Military Friendly Schools list features schools that represent the top tier of institutions with leading opportunities for military service members and spouses. View the full list: http://militaryfriendly.com/schools/.
For more information about ACHS’s commitment to military students, visit achs.edu or call 800.487.8839.
Portland, OR—July 21, 2015—The Better Business Bureau (BBB) selected American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) as a Business of the Year Finalist for the 2015 BBB Torch Awards. ACHS proudly accepted a Finalist Certificate in recognition of the College’s ongoing commitment to ethical business practices deserving of marketplace trust. The BBB Torch Award is an annual regional competition. Candidates are evaluated and recipients selected by a panel of independent judges from the business and academic communities.