Select ACHS programs are approved for the use of Veteran’s benefits by the Oregon Department of Veteran’s Affairs, the State Approving Agency. Just some of the benefit programs you may be eligible for are: the Montgomery GI Bill® for Active Duty, the Montgomery GI Bill® for selected reserve, the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) and others.
Whether you’ve previously applied for Veterans Educations benefits or not, your first step should be to call the VA at 1-888-GI-Bill-1. VA counselors will answer your questions and help you determine what benefits you’re eligible to receive. You can also check the VA web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/. Once you have determined your eligibility, please call (800) 487-8839 and one of our friendly and qualified Admissions Advisors can provide you with more information about how to use your benefits at ACHS.
Applying for Benefits
Complete the ACHS Application and Admissions Assessment online here.
- Complete and Send Veterans Service Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, and a copy of your government-issued ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send Official Transcript from all colleges listed on Veterans Service Statement of Rights and Responsibilities to email@example.com or:
American College of Healthcare Sciences
5005 S. Macadam Ave
Portland, OR 97239
Important Information Regarding the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018As part of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, section 3679 of title 38, the following policies apply to any covered individual who is entitled to educational assistance under Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment or Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill®* benefits. ACHS will permit any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual has been accepted for admission and provides to the College a Certificate of Eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under Chapter 31 or 33** and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date on which payment from the VA is made to the College.
- 90 days after the date the College certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.
In accordance with this statute, ACHS requires Chapter 31 and Chapter 33 students to take the following additional actions:
- Submit a Certificate of Eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education.
- Submit a written request to use such entitlement.
- Provide additional information necessary for the proper certification of enrollment to ACHS.
- Make payment toward the difference between the amount of the student’s financial obligation and the amount of the VA education benefit disbursement with an approved payment method.
Each branch has its own eligibility requirements and specific TA process. Once you apply for tuition assistance, be sure to submit a copy of your Tuition Assistance Authorization form, signed by your unit’s authorized military official, and to your ACHS Student Advisor for processing. Your branch will be billed your courses after you have successfully completed the courses.