Military Funding

Veterans Funding

Select ACHS programs are approved for the use of Veteran’s benefits by the Oregon Department of Veteran’s Affairs, the State Approving Agency. Just some of the benefit programs you may be eligible for are: the Montgomery GI Bill® for Active Duty, the Montgomery GI Bill® for selected reserve, the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) and others.

Whether you have previously utilized your Veteran Education benefits or this is your first time, your initial step should be to call the VA at 1-888-GI-Bill-1. VA counselors will answer your questions and help you determine what benefits you’re eligible to receive. You can also check the VA web site at
. Once you have determined your eligibility, please call (800) 487-8839 and one of our friendly and qualified Admissions Advisors can provide you with more information about how to use your benefits at ACHS.

Applying for Benefits

  • Submit your ACHS Application for Admission. Your admissions advisor will support you throughout the enrollment process.
  • Request Official Transcripts from all colleges you previously attended. Official electronic transcripts can be sent to or mailed to:

American College of Healthcare Sciences
c/o Registrar
5005 S. Macadam Ave
Portland, OR  97239

  • Complete and submit your Application for Benefits – Use form 22-1990 to use benefits for the first time; use form 22-1995 to change schools or programs. Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to
  • During enrollment, your admissions advisor will also send you an ACHS VA Rights & Responsibilities form to complete with your enrollment agreement via DocuSign. You can view a copy of this in advance online here. Note: NEVER email your sensitive information such as social security number; ACHS will always provide you a secure method for providing this information

Benefit Information

Important Information Regarding the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018

As part of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, section 3679 of title 38, the following policies apply to any covered individual who is entitled to educational assistance under Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) or the Post-9/11 GI Bill®* benefits.
ACHS will permit any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual has been accepted for admission and provides to the College a Certificate of Eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under VR&E or the Post-9/11 GI Bill®** and ending on the earlier of the following dates:

  • The date on which payment from the VA is made to the College.
  • 90 days after the date the College certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.

ACHS will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the College due to delayed disbursement funding from VA under VR&E or the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

In accordance with this statute, ACHS requires VR&E or the Post-9/11 GI Bill® students to take the following additional actions:
  • Submit a Certification of Eligibility (COE) for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education.
  • Submit a written request to use such entitlement.
  • Provide additional information necessary for the proper certification of enrollment to ACHS.
  • Make payment toward the difference between the amount of the student’s financial obligation and the amount of the VA education benefit disbursement with an approved payment method.

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

**A COE can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website (eBenefits) or a VAF 28-1905 form for VR&E authorization purposes.

Tuition Assistance

Each branch has its own eligibility requirements and specific TA process. Once you apply for tuition assistance, be sure to submit a copy of your Tuition Assistance Authorization form, signed by your unit’s authorized military official, and to your ACHS Student Advisor for processing. Your branch will be billed your courses after you have successfully completed the courses.

Please select your branch portal below for the most up-to-date information. National Guard and Reservist (select your branch portal):