Congratulations! You Are Eligible to Graduate!
Use the resources on this page to complete the steps to apply for graduation and plan your celebration.
Steps to Apply
1. Complete Your Program Requirements – Ensure your academic record is complete and any incomplete grades are finalized before graduation.
Things to check for:
- You’re completing the final classes required for your degree, diploma or certificate. This is a great time to check if you can confer your credits earned so far into other certificates or professional credentials. You can reach out to our Student Services team or the Registrar’s Office with questions.
- Your credentials, degree or personal information is listed correctly. You may submit change of address here.
2. Verify Your Financial Status – Satisfy any outstanding financial obligations, that may be required, with the ACHS Business Office by calling 800-487-8839.
Financial Aid Students: Federal student loans require students to complete an online exit interview. For more details to ensure completion, please contact the Financial Aid Office by calling 800-487-8839.
If you are conferring credits for professional credentials prior to degree graduation, call to ensure that there are no outstanding balances that could delay the conferral process.
3. Apply to Graduate – Complete the ACHS Graduation Application in its entirety. This information is federally required and must be submitted prior to graduation.
Please submit your application for conferral before the following review deadlines:
- Fall 2020: Apply Now
- Spring 2021: Accepting applications now! Apply by February 1, 2021
- Summer 2021: Apply by May 1, 2021
If you miss one of these deadlines, please reach out to the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 800-487-8839, and we’ll be happy to help!
4. Submit the $50 Graduation Application Fee – after completing the application you will be sent to a payment portal. You are required to pay this fee for each degree, diploma, certificate or credential you are conferring. The fee covers the following:
- Diploma for framing, presented in a padded, diploma folder featuring the ACHS logo and academic leadership signatures.
- Administrative costs to process application for graduation which includes a formal degree audit
- One complimentary official transcript (a $10.00 value)
What to Expect After Application – You will receive confirmation of receipt. Please allow us 48 hours to review your application. We will contact you directly if we notice any issues that may delay your graduation request.
Your certificate, diploma, or degree will be mailed to the address specified on your graduation application within 4-6 weeks after the graduation application deadlines listed above. An email notification will be sent to you once your credential has been mailed.
Any address changes must be provided to the Registrar’s Office no later than the graduation application deadline!
If you have any questions regarding graduation, please email the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-487-8839.
2021 ACHS Commencement Ceremony Information
WHEN: Friday, June 18th, 2021 @ 2:00 PM Pacific Time
WHERE: Online – Get Registered Here
ACHS is excited to celebrate your milestone with you and your loved ones.
Any graduates who have been awarded a degree, diploma, certificate, or will graduate by September 2021, is invited and encouraged to join your ACHS family in celebrating your success. This celebration is a rite of passage for all ACHS graduates. Graduation regalia may be ordered from our vendor, Miners Graduate Services.
Even if you’ve already graduated, we’d love to celebrate your hard work and invite you to attend virtually.
We know that traveling to Portland may not be an option for everyone. We’re excited to include you in our state-of-the-art Virtual Ceremony that celebrates our graduates from all corners of the world.
ACHS Lodging Partners
Due to COVID-19, we have unfortunately had to cancel the in-person portion of the Graduation Ceremony. In future years we hope to return to an in-person ceremony, and these lodging providers are who we would recommend.
Hyatt SW Waterfront – 2080 SW River Dr, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: (503) 241-2775
Free breakfast buffet and grocery delivery service • Informal bar serving snacks • Indoor pool and gym • 24/7 store • Coin-operated laundry facilities • One mile from downtown and 3 minute walk to the river park.
All Hyatt reservations must be booked via link below or by calling 1-866-974-9288. Room must be booked no later than 5/21/20 at 4 p.m. PST to guarantee group price.
University Place – 310 SW Lincoln St, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: (503) 221-0140
Free Wi-Fi, breakfast • Paid parking • Outdoor pool • Laundry service • Kid-friendly • Pet-friendly • Restaurant • Kitchens in some rooms • Fitness center • Bar • Smoke-free • On the MAX train line.
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel – 1510 SW Harbor Way, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: (503) 228-3233
Free Wi-Fi • Paid parking • Air-conditioned • Laundry service • Business center • Pet-friendly • Free breakfast • Pool • River Beach access • Room service • Kid-friendly • Restaurant • All-inclusive available • Kitchens in some rooms • Fitness center • Bar • Smoke-free • Near the MAX train line.
Marriott Hotel – 1401 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201,
Phone: (503) 226-7600
Downtown • Near the Waterfront • Fitness center • Meeting event space • Parking • Restaurant • Near the MAX train line.
Hotel DeLuxe – 729 SW 15th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
Phone: (503) 219-2094
Free Wi-Fi • Paid parking • Air-conditioned • Laundry service • Business center • Pet-friendly • Free breakfast • Pool • Room service • Kid-friendly • Restaurant • Fitness center • Bar • Smoke-free • 2 blocks from the MAX train line.
Embassy Suites – 319 SW Pine St, Portland, 97204, OR
Phone: (877) 214-6722
24-hour business center • Fitness facilities • Spa and sauna • ATM/banking • Accessible bathroom • Ballroom • Banquet hall • Bar/lounge • Computer station • Concierge services • Conference center • Dry cleaning/laundry service • Elevator/lift • Free WiFi • Hair salon • Indoor pool • Laundry facilities • Library • Luggage storage • Restaurant • Self-parking • Shopping on site • Smoke-free property • Spa tub • Sauna • Downtown • Near city transportation and MAX train line.
Use the links below to access frequently asked questions (FAQs) and commonly used student forms.