This course explores stress management and emotional health through the student’s personal journey. It leads students through an examination of those factors and influences that have an impact on health. It is also provides an opportunity to examine barriers and motivational factors that affect the degree of commitment individuals make to health practices. Your instructor’s role, and your future role, is to serve as an enabler coach during this process. A wellness coach recognizes that each person’s mental-emotional, physical, social, and spiritual status is unique. As a wellness coach, your instructor often will challenge you to consider the consequences of certain lifestyle choices and the “truth” of your knowledge. A wellness coach may not have all the answers regarding stress and emotional health for an individual, but will provide the framework within which the answers can be found.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will have:
- Explore the factors associated with the development of emotional health and the management of stress as a basis for understanding the healthy personality
- Be able to teach stress management and emotional health within an educational setting
- Study and apply some very practical aspects of health education and program planning
- Deepen your commitment to effective teaching by applying the principles of self-esteem building, cognitive-behavioral self-management (violence prevention, communication, rational thinking), and accessing appropriate resources
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials cost (Course Pack) —including standard shipping within the United States— is $108. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $100
The Required Publisher Textbooks*:
- Seaward, B.L. (2015). Managing Stress: Principles and Strategies for Health and Well-Being (8th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN: 9781284036640 $155.95
Total Course Price: $1425 (3 credits x $475 per credit) + $108 Course Pack + $155.95 Textbooks = $1688.95
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as an eBook ISBN: 9781284036640 $38.95.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
Last updated 03/11/16