AROMA 503 takes students to the next step in their aromatherapy training, looking deeper at the historical uses of aromatherapy and the modern scientific research being carried out in this fascinating modality. Students study methods of administration for essential oils in more depth than AROMA 501, as well as the anatomy and physiology of the related body systems.
Required Course Pack:
- AROMA 503 Practical Lab Kit - This kit includes the following supplies:
- 5 mls of the following essential oils: Geranium Pelargonium graveolens, Ginger Zingiber officinale, Juniper Berry Juniperus communis, Lime Expressed Citrus aurantiifolia, Peppermint Mentha x piperita, Pine Pinus sylvestris and 2 mls each of Neroli Citrus aurantium var. amara, Rose Attar Rosa damascena and Sandalwood Santalum album
- 10 ml Roll-on Bottles (Qty 3)
- Perfume Testing Strips (Qty 100)
- 2-oz bottles of the following base oils: Aloe Vera Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Camellia Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil
- 5 ml amber glass bottles (Qty 5)
- 2 oz cobalt blue spray bottles (Qty 2)
- 3 ml disposable pipettes (Qty 9)
- 25 ml glass beaker and stirring rod
- 5 ml Rose Perfume Oil
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2016). Aromatherapy Materia Medica: Essential Oil Monographs. Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences.
- (Optional: Printed copy available for an additional fee)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR)
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19
None – Prior formal aromatherapy training recommended