Homeopathy is treating illness with minute doses of remedies, which, when taken in larger doses by healthy people are capable of producing symptoms similar to the disease. It is based on the natural law of healing “Similia Similibus Curantur,” which means “like cures like”.
Two Greek words, Homois meaning "similar "and pathos meaning "suffering" are the source of the word homeopathy. The principle was understood as far back as 450 BC by Hippocrates, the Greek founder of medicine, and was further developed 1000 years later by Paracelsus, the Swiss alchemist. In the early 19th century, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) developed and gave Homeopathy the scientific and systematic system as it is practiced today. Homeopathy is readily accepted in Britain and India where it is recognized as part of the National System of Medicine. The scientific principles developed by Hahnemann are empirically effective and continue to be followed with success.
Required Course Pack:
- NAT 204 Practical Lab Kit - This kit includes the following supplies:
- Calendula Flowers 1 oz Organic, Calendula officinalis
- St John's Wort 1 oz Organic, Hypericum perforatum
- 1 oz amber bottle with dropper
- Cheese Cloth 9 sq feet (natural, 100% cotton)
- Homeopathic Family Kit- 32 Multi Pack Homeobotanicals: Allium cepa, Antimonium tartaricum, Apis mellifica, Arnica montana, Arsenicum album, Belladonna, Bryonia alba, Calcarea carbonica, Chamomilla, Cinchona officinalis, Colocynthis, Drosera rotundifolia, Dulcamara, Eupatorium perfoliatum, Ferrum phosphoricum, Gelsemium Sempervirens, Hepar sulphuris calcareum, Hypericum perforatum, Ignatia amara, Ipecacuanha, Kali bichromicum, Lachesis mutus, Ledum palustre, Magnesia phosphorica, Mercurius solubilis, Natrum muriaticum, Nux vomica, Pulsatilla, Rhus toxicodendron, Sepia, Silicea, Spongia tosta, Oscillococcinum
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2018). NAT 204: Energetic Modalities II: Homeopathy. Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences (18th Edition). (Optional: Printed copy available for an additional fee)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR)
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19