Our admissions requirements are fairly straightforward. Here's what we require:
- Your commitment to study time: An average of nine hours per week for one three semester credit course over 7.5 or 15 weeks. A 3 credit course incorporates approximately 135 hours of student work. 
- The ability to read and write in English; all materials are published in English.
- Undergraduate Study: A minimum of a GED or high school diploma (official transcript required). Graduate Study: Bachelors degree from a U.S. Department of Education approved accredited institution (official transcript required) and one letter of recommendation from a suitable, professional reference.
- Completion of the online application.
- A recommendation for admission from the Admissions Committee, who consider your Intake Assessment responses to determine whether you have the ability to benefit from ACHS’s programs and succeed at ACHS.
- Submission of a copy of your government-issued photo identification such as a state identification card, valid driver's license or passport.
- Completion of the online Application form and registration for your first semester of classes. Once your registration has been accepted, your first payment must be made to secure your place in class.
Applications for admission are accepted throughout the year. Contact Admissions for registration deadlines. Class sizes are limited and most fill months in advance of the start date.
ACHS is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for all qualified individuals. All applicants are evaluated on the basis of motivation and academic ability to benefit and without regard to age, gender, gender-identity, color, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
 This equates to the Carnegie Unit requirement of “one credit is equivalent to 45 hours of student work". Thus, a three (3)-credit course incorporates approximately 135 hours of student work.