Accepted Transcripts

ACHS accepts both paper and electronic transcripts for official transcripts. An official high school or College transcript is required for admission, depending on the level of study the student is pursuing (See ACHS’s undergraduate and graduate admissions policies for more information).

Transcripts should be sent to:

Registrar's Office
American College of Healthcare Sciences
5005 SW Macadam Avenue
Portland, OR 97239

Note: Only transcripts from U.S. Department of Education approved accredited institutions or state-approved high school or equivalency transcripts can be accepted. Please review the ACHS Program Catalog online here for more information regarding transcripts and admissions requirements.

High school credentials must be from an accredited or state-approved high school. The Registrar’s Office will verify such status with the state of issue or with the relevant accrediting agency.

Admission eligibility information for graduates of non-standard, unaccredited high schools, or homeschooled students is available online here.

If your education is from a foreign institution, please view the foreign transcript requirements online here.

All transcripts must be issued directly to ACHS from the issuing institution to be considered official. Official paper transcripts must be sealed to be accepted. Official electronic transcripts must be in PDF and secured by a digital certificate that is displayed at the top of the transcript. Electronic transcripts must be issued by a certified document provider such as Scrip-Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, and similar certified providers.

Please note: Eligibility for federal student aid requires the student to submit one of the following to certify he or she has completed high school or its equivalency.

This requirement is in addition to meeting the above transcript requirement if applicable for students using federal financial aid:

  • Official high school transcript from a state-approved high school;
  • GED;
  • Certificate demonstrating that the student has passed a state-authorized examination (for example, the California High School Proficiency Exam) that the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma;
  • An official academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree; or
  • Appropriate homeschool credential: if the student’s secondary school education was in a homeschool that state law treats as a home or private school. Some states issue a secondary school completion credential to homeschoolers. If this is the case in the state where the student was homeschooled, he/she must obtain this credential in order to be eligible for FSA funds. He/she can include in her homeschooling self-certification that he/she received this state credential. 

If you have questions about submitting your transcripts, please contact the Office of the Registrar at or 800-487-8839.

Click here to request more information or click here to return to your existing application