Many people have a gap in their training when it comes to establishing a business, complying with local regulations, marketing to new clients, and meeting the needs of current clients to ensure return business and referrals.
This 3-credit, online course provides the foundation for using your training to establish a professional holistic health business.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Locate and describe relevant professional codes of ethics.
- Outline the physical requirements for a clinic or consulting rooms.
- Describe the general legalities of practicing as an unlicensed complementary healthcare provider and be able to locate specific information about legal issues in the student's state.
- Locate information from state regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with local requirements.
- Create a client bill of rights.
- Describe the steps involved in a consulting session using practiced listening and observation skills.
- Create a client questionnaire and intake sheet that covers the essential information and is tailored to a proposed consulting practice.
- Describe appropriate systems keep accurate records and create a record-keeping plan.
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—is $107. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $99
The Required Publisher Textbook*:
- Sohnen-Moe, C. (2016). Business Mastery: A Guide for Creating a Fulfilling, Thriving Business and Keeping It Successful (5th ed.). Tucson, AZ: Sohnen-Moe Associates. ISBN# 9781882908059 $34.95
Total Course Price: $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $107 Course Pack + $34.95 Textbook = $1116.95
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.