Getting results as an HHP is what it is all about, and understanding the whole person—physical, psychological and spiritual, is essential to achieve lasting wellness. To prepare you for the exciting road ahead, ACHS offers Introduction to Psychology (PSY 101), which will teach you about the interdependence of our physical and psychological health.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Explain the field of psychology in terms of history, key perspectives and issues, current trends, scientific and research methods.
- Explain the anatomical structures and physiological functions related to psychology.
- Explain sensation, perception, heredity and genetics.
- Analyze the underlying principles, and basis of the psychology behind learning, memory and experience.
- Explain cognitive abilities and intelligence from a psychological perspective.
- Explain the different phases and stages in human development.
- Explain the different motivation theories and the psychological basis of emotions.
- Explain psychoanalytic approaches and humanistic theories to explain behaviors, and traits in personalities.
- Evaluate health psychology, and approaches to health management.
- Investigate the different mental disorders as related to psychology.
- Analyze psychotherapy, the different methods and their effectiveness.
- Investigate the importance thoughts, trends in social behavior, and impact of social influences.
- Explain industrial and organizational psychology.
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials cost (Course Pack)—including standard shipping within the United States—is $119. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $99
The Required Publisher Textbook*:
- Ciccarelli, S. K. & White, J. N. (2015). Psychology (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education ISBN: 9780205972241** $248.47
Total Course Price: $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $119 Course Pack + $248.47 Textbook = $1342.47
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as a Kindle eBook from amazon.com.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation, including weekly interaction with your instructor through the online classroom, live teleconferences and/or chats, email, and the Instructor’s Virtual Office
- Dynamic online lectures updated regularly to include the latest evidence-based research and industry updates
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.