The Aroma 505 Materia Medica includes the study of the therapeutic uses, active constituents, methods of administration, and cautions and contraindications for each of the oils studied; oils are studied alphabetically.
The focus of the aromatherapy department is holistic aromatology. Holistic aromatology focuses on restoration of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health through the application of essential oils. We use the terms "aromatherapy" and "aromatology" interchangeably throughout the program. All healing modalities offered by ACHS focus on the holistic approach. Our philosophy is that only by taking care of the whole person--the physical, emotional, and spiritual--can health and wellness occur.
Required Course Pack:
- AROMA 505 Practical Lab Kit - This kit includes the following supplies:
- 5 mls of the following essential oils: Marjoram Origanum majorana, Niaouli Melaleuca quinquenervia, Nutmeg Myristica fragrans, Oregano Origanum vulgare, Patchouli Pogostemon cablin, Spearmint Mentha spicata, Thyme Thymus vulgaris, Vetiver Vetiveria zizanioides and 2 mls of Yarrow Achillea millefolium,Â Immortelle Helichrysum italicum,Â and Jasmine Absolute Jasminum officinale.
- 5 ml of Jasmine Perfume oil
- 2 oz Lavender Hydrosol in cobalt spray bottle
- 2 oz Lavandin Hydrosol in cobalt spray bottle
- 25, 5 ml amber glass bottles for blending
- 2 oz amber bottle with cap
- 2 oz Apricot Kernel Oil
- 4 oz Sweet Almond Oil
- 4 oz Cocoa Butter
- 4 oz round tin with container
- 2 oz Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 oz Anhydrous Lanonlin
- 4 oz Beeswax
- 25 ml glass beaker
- Glass stirring rod
- 13 Disposable 3 ml pipettes
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR)
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19
None – Prior formal aromatherapy training recommended