Christina Smith, MS in Aromatherapy Student
I enrolled in the Masters of Aromatherapy program, and I am really enjoying my classes. I have enjoyed using essential oils for many years, beginning with a desire to incorporate more natural cleaning methods into our home. I have always desired to learn more. As a result, my search led me to ACHS. I love the online learning format. It provides the flexibility to work when I have the time and to learn at my pace. I know that this education is invaluable to being an effective Aromatherapist. The most important thing I have learned so far is the benefit of good research and research methods. Before beginning my studies with ACHS I had a very limited idea of how to accomplish this, now I am confident that research is not as scary as I once thought. I currently work as an Aromatherapist for Plant Therapy and know that my education will provide valuable insight into the future.
What are three things you would tell prospective students?
- Call and discuss your enrollment options with ACHS Admissions, they are so friendly and helpful.
- While ACHS online learning is very flexible, self-motivation is key. Design a good learning and study plan for yourself.
- ACHS provides so many great tools and tutorials that set you up for success, take advantage of them!
What are your three best tips for current ACHS students?
- Have a solid plan, planner, or similar schedule. Set aside several hours each week for reading, essay contributions and working in your virtual classroom with classmates.
- Have a solid support system. Friends, family, and classmates can all provide positive feedback. Create clear expectations for your family and friends so they can see how you value your education.
- Discover your best learning style. If you don’t know, there are valuable online tools that can help. Knowing your learning style will enable you to focus keeping the information “stick”.