Janice Straight, MSHN
I am a former police officer and retired military member. I obtained a Master of Science in Holistic Nutrition, and now I am pursuing certification as a Registered Aromatherapist. I offer suggestions and consultations to friends and family on how to incorporate nutrition and herbs into their day-to-day life to improve their health. With Aromatherapy, I hope to begin creating blends that I can market and in time incorporate nutrition and wellness in a small business.
What are three things you would tell prospective students?
- Make a schedule for study time, reading, and fulfilling the discussion board requirement.
- Let family and friends know your commitment and explain that during the school months you may not be as available.
- Learn everything you can about your chosen discipline; you can never know too much. Finally, have fun. This is a journey, and it is life changing.
What are your three best tips for current ACHS students?
- Set a schedule for studying each week to make sure you can complete all the required work.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to work on any research projects because your continued research might lead you to an even better topic to write on.
- Get the hardcopy of the course materials so you can make notes and highlight important sections.