American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: American College of Healthcare Sciences, or URL: www.achs.edu.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
Our website registration requires you to give us contact information (like your name and email address). We use visitor contact information from the registration form to send you information about ACHS. This contact information is also used to contact you with updated information. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time (see Choice/Opt-out below). We do not provide your information to any other companies.
This site contains links to other sites. ACHS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
The ACHS website uses an online form for users, visitors, or customers to request information, products, enroll for classes, and services. We collect contact information (like your email address), unique identifiers (like your social security number), financial information (like your account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like your zip code, age, or income level). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders, lesson materials, and information about the College to you. Your contact information will also be used to notify you when necessary. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time (see Choice/Opt-out below). Financial information collected is used to bill you for products and services. Demographic and profile data is also collected on our website. Other information collected on the enrollment form, such as your occupation and social security number, is kept with your student records and is regulated by relevant Oregon Education and Privacy Laws. You have rights to access and correct this information, and we take precautions to prevent it from being disclosed to third parties.
This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
The ACHS website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Secure order and enrollment forms are secured using Thawte SSL technology.
This website does not:
- Collect online contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent.
- Collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent.
- Distribute to third parties, any personally identifiable information without prior parental consent.
- Give the ability to publicly post, or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent.
- Entice by the prospect of a special game, prize, or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communication from the College at any time.
ACHS provides the following options for removing your information from our database, to discontinue receiving future communications, or if you wish to longer receive our service.
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can send a letter to the following address:
American College of Healthcare Sciences
5005 SW Macadam Avenue
Portland, OR 97239-3719 USA
- You can call us by telephone at 503.244.0726 or send a fax to this same number.
For corrections/updates, or contacting the webmaster regarding issues with this website, you may also use the above information.
ACHS maintains the confidentiality of all student records. As an Institute of Higher Learning, the confidentiality of student records is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Learn more online at https://achs.edu/student-records-privacy-ferpa.