Claudia-Kim-on-left

Jan 21, 2019 6:55:00 AM | essential oil bootcamp Meet Claudia Kim from Aromatherapy Boot Camp, Kona, HI | achs.edu

Meet Claudia Kim, One of 16 ACHS Students Attending the Study Abroad Aromatherapy Boot Camp in Kona, HI

Claudia-Kim-on-left

Photo by Judy Starr / ACHS. Claudia Kim is on the left, her mother is on the right.

Sixteen students engaged in a transformational aromatherapy learning experience and a rare opportunity to learn from renowned aromatherapy expert and ACHS Founding President Dorene Petersen and ACHS Aromatherapy Program Chair and Registered Aromatherapist Amanda Lattin, on November 4-9, 2018.To request information about the November 11-14, 2019 Kona Aromatherapy Workshop here. https://contact.achs.edu/kona-wellness-conference

Claudia Kim, a freelance translator, lives in Seoul, Korea. She attended the American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) Kona Aromatherapy Boot Camp as an interpreter for the 12 Korean students attending the workshop lectures and field trips. She began working with the International Center for Advanced Aromatherapy (ICAA) and other aromatherapy industry groups, approximately five-years-ago.

“This trip, as a whole, was such a special experience. Yes, I did attend for the purpose of working, however, I did not expect to develop such warm friendships with everyone on the trip. I think it’s truly amazing because previously I thought friendships can only be with people around your age. This entire group of students were wonderfully open minded and kind, I didn't feel like there was a 'wall' between us even though we were many ages and backgrounds coming together to study. While translating the lectures I learned more about aromatherapy, the use of chemistry in essential oils, and how easy it will be to incorporate and utilize them in my daily life,” Claudia shared.

It’s Hawaii!! I really appreciated the fact that the learning experience was not only indoors but it continued outdoors as well. Getting to experience the true background of the Hawaiian culture and just being in nature was truly a delight. I recently graduated from college and I'm not sure what I would like to do in the future. However, I am certain that I want to become like the warm-hearted leaders at ACHS and do something that I am truly passionate about,” says Claudia.

Kona, Hawaii Aromatherapy Bootcamp

In addition to meeting amazing people, a special bonus for Claudia included the knowledge she gained when students visited the Hawaiian Legacy Forest and planted a total of 18 sandalwood tree. ACHS and the participating students’ are committed to reducing the carbon foot print. Each of the trees planted will consume 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year when they mature.     https://onetreeplanted.org/blogs/news/14245701-how-planting-trees-can-help-reduce-your-carbon-footprint

Judy Starr

Written By: Judy Starr

Judy Starr, VP of External Relations at American College of Healthcare Sciences, has more than 25 years of experience working with nonprofit organizations and brings her expertise in marketing and communications to ACHS. She has raised millions of dollars during her career through her work with major gift donors, foundation grant writing and corporate relations. Judy is a vegan who seeks to inspire others with her passion for organic unprocessed foods. As a licensed esthetician for 28 years, she has served at day spas and at the Ann Wigmore Institute in Aguada, Puerto Rico, where she taught skin care classes and provided skin care and Reiki treatments. Through her unique career journey, she has learned the value of choosing pure unadulterated natural ingredients for customized skincare regimens. Her niche spa experience gives her a unique perspective and platform to share industry-specific knowledge in the realm of natural skin care, body care and holistic wellness. Judy has been a Reiki master for 20 years.