This Aromatherapy Chemistry course provides students with a systematic approach to learning the chemical functional groups and pharmacological actions of essential oils. Written by Joy Bowles, renowned author of The Chemistry of Aromatherapeutic Oils, this interactive, online, instructor-led course will help you make sense of the chemistry of aromatherapy. Suitable for anyone who needs to understand the science and efficacy of this healing art, including nurses, doctors, pharmacists and other allied health professionals.
Required Course Pack:
- AROMA 305 Practical Lab Kit
- 5ml bottles of the following essential oils: Sweet Orange Citrus sinensis, Geranium Pelargonium graveolens, Clove Bud Syzygium aromaticum, Lemon Citrus limonum, Ylang Ylang Cananga odorata, Clary Sage Salvia sclarea, Lavender Lavandula angustifolia, Lemongrass Cymbopogon flexuosum
- 2ml bottles of the following essential oils: Neroli Citrus aurantium amara, Immortelle Helichrysum italicum
- (1) 5ml bottle of Solubol, and 1ml bottles of: Limonene-r, Farnesene, Linalool, Nerolidol, Citral, L-Menthone and Linalyl acetate-Natural.
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR)
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19
Prior aromatherapy formal training or prior chemistry (aromatherapy-specific chemistry not required) is recommended