CAM 101 is a survey course that explores the field of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Students will become familiar with a variety of modalities that fall under the CAM umbrella, along with their fundamental or core concepts, methodologies, and theoretical foundations. Students will investigate the multi-faceted meaning of the term “holistic” and will consider how each CAM modality fits into the holistic health paradigm. Current holistic health research will be explored, including the role of the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), part of the National Institutes of Health.
Required Course Pack:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR)
- Discover Wellness: Integrative Health Modalities Kit:
- 1 oz packets of the following herbs: German Chamomile Flowers Organic Matricaria recutita, Peppermint Organic Mentha piperita, Lavender Flowers Organic Lavandula angustifolia, Lemon Balm Organic Melissa officinalis
- 5 ml bottles of the following essential oils: Sweet Orange Organic Citrus sinensis, Vetiver Organic Vetiveria zizanioides, Ylang Ylang Organic Cananga odorata, Lemon Organic Citrus limonum
- 2 oz Cobalt Bottle w/Spray
- Bamboo tea strainer
- May contain Incense burner, resin and charcoal tabs, OR Reed Diffuser kit
View the required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition, and retail price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price:
View the total course price including tuition, fees, course materials, and shipping online here.
Last updated 11/4/19