ACHS employs a variety of services and software to support our students’ learning journeys.
Following are the basic requirements students need at the time of enrollment and throughout their studies to be successful:
- A personal desktop or laptop computer, see below for specific requirements, but most devices made in the last 5 years are sufficient. Mobile devices, such as phones and iPads, can be used to access many resources within ACHS’s online classroom; however, some activities will require a computer.
- An active, valid email address that you maintain throughout your studies with ACHS and where you agree to receive electronic notifications in accordance with your Enrollment Agreement.
- A webcam and microphone (built into most laptop and many desktop computers)
- Reliable, ideally high-speed, internet access; ACHS online courses include videos, animations, and interactive tools.
If you don’t have these resources at home, you may be able to use your local library or make arrangements with a friend or family member. However, both of these options will require coordination, so we recommend the use of personal devices for an optimal learning experience.
The required browser for ACHS studies is the Chrome web browser.
Here are more specific requirements you will want to check:
- The ACHS online classroom system is called Canvas. The requirements for Canvas are here, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10721, and includes accessibility information. View ACHS’s full Access Policy online at https://achs.edu/access-policy.
- Select exams are proctored online. Please check proctoring requirements here: https://achs.edu/exam-proctoring-requirements
All incoming students complete a New Student Orientation where you will learn more about our systems and how to succeed in your studies.
Additionally, as a student, you will have a G-Suite account which includes an ACHS email account, an ACHS calendar, Google Docs, and other tools you may find helpful.
If you have any concerns about your ability to meet our technology requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.