HERB 302 is the first of a series of herbal materia medica courses, studying each botanical in depth, including its therapeutic actions, active constituents, methods of administration, cautions and contraindications, and current research. Botanicals include a selection from the following therapeutic groups: alterative, demulcent, cathartic, anthelmintic, astringent, and diuretic herbs.
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping within the United States—$395.75. This includes:
- ACHS eTextbook: Petersen, D. (2018). HERB 302: Herbal Materia Medica I (18th Edition).
Portland, OR: American College of Healthcare Sciences. - $110
(Optional: Printed copy available for an additional $89)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) - $115
- Access to the Wonderful Weeds Online Video
- Herb 302 Herb Kit a selection of 25 organic herbs in 1-oz quantities.
Get the most up to date information about required textbooks for this class, including ISBN, edition and price, by visiting our Required Textbooks page.
Total Course Price: $975 (3 credits x $325 per credit) + $395.75 Course Pack + $209.94 Textbooks = $1580.69
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
* You may always elect to buy or rent your textbooks/ebooks new or used. However, when choosing to purchase college textbooks and supplementary materials outside the College store, please use caution to ensure you purchase the correct version of required materials.
** This textbook is also available as a Kindle eBook from amazon.com.
Optional Recommended Reading
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
Last updated 7/21/18