Proudly Serving Military Students
Military students face a variety of unique challenges. As a military-friendly institution, American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) makes it easy for veterans and their families to maximize their educational benefits and invest in their future with career training in holistic health.
ACHS demonstrates its commitment to its military students through its extensive military recognitions, including:
- Recognized as one of the top tier institutions with leading opportunities for military service members and spouses for nine years in a row
- Approval to participate in the U.S. Army’s GoArmyEd program and other military tuition assistance programs
- Approval to accept Veteran's Education Benefits for qualifying students enrolled in an eligible program
Military Resource Center
ACHS’s Military Resource Center (MRC) supports our active duty and veteran students through their transition from military service to community and civilian life. We strive to integrate holistic wellness as part of the campus experience to encourage our veterans and enrich both their academic and social experience. With our campus partners, we provide access to resources to cultivate an invaluable campus experience and beyond.
The MRC is made up of experienced campus staff, available to counsel and support military students throughout their education. The MRC supports our military and veteran students with their integration to the college while partnering with other offices to ensure students understand their pathway to graduation. We provide timely certification of VA benefits and services and programs to support the overall wellness of our military and veteran students.
Military Resource Center Support Team
Community Resources for Veterans and Dependents
- Disabled American Veterans -A nonprofit charity that provides a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations and their families, with rides for veterans attending medical appointments and assists with benefit claims.
- Disabled Veterans National Foundation - The foundation exists to provide critically needed support to disabled and at-risk veterans who leave the military wounded—physically or psychologically—after defending our safety and our freedom.
- Defense Activities for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) - Provides up-to-date news about tuition assistance programs, information workshops, and testing.
- Defense and Veteran Brain injury Center - Provides resources on traumatic brain injury (TBI) to help service members, veterans, family member and health care providers.
- Half of Us - Veterans who are transitioning to campus life can find a variety of resources on this website, as well as a hotline number to be able to talk to someone about issues or simply ask about additional resources.
- Military One Source - Provides all members of the military community free assistance, information, and counseling on a local and national level for everything from relocation to parenting and employment.
- National Center for PTSD – To offer advance clinical care and social welfare to Veterans and others who have experienced trauma, or who suffer from PTSD, through research, education, and training in the science, diagnosis, and treatment of PTSD and stress-related disorders.
- National Resource Directory - Connects wounded warriors, service members, veterans, their families, and caregivers with a variety of programs and services that support them.
- Paws and Stripes - A nonprofit organization providing service dogs for wounded military veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury through integrating service dog training and education with mental health support.
- Student Veterans of America - To provide military veterans with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and following graduation.
- Vets4Warriors – A non-profit organization that provides a toll-free and confidential hotline 24/7 peer support by veterans to Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve service members, Veterans, Retirees, and their families/caregivers.
- Wounded Warrior Project - Wounded Warrior Project provides free programs and services focused on the physical, mental, and long-term financial well-being of this generation of injured veterans, their families and caregivers.
Career Resources for Veterans and Dependents
- American Corporate Partner - is an organization that assists veterans transition to the civilian workforce through two free programs: a one-on-one mentoring program, and an online community connecting veterans to business leaders.
- Hire Heros USA - is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping veterans find jobs. This organization also runs workshops for veterans and their spouses.
- Hire Veterans - is a major user-friendly Job Board helping U.S. Military Veterans connect and achieve success in finding a job with Veteran friendly employment.
- Learn How to Become – is a website detailing which online colleges are the most military-friendly, how to succeed in the digital classroom, and where student veterans and military can find internships.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) - Recruitment and employment solution for military spouses.
- My Next Move - is a job search website that helps veterans to find jobs that are similar to their military jobs.
- Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization - Dedicated to enabling Veterans to gain access to economic opportunity and promoting Veteran employment.
- Operation IMPACT Network of Champions - Companies and nonprofits dedicated to helping veterans find jobs and transition from the military to a civilian career.
- Robert Half Career Center – A staffing agency ared specifically toward veterans and the talents they bring to the civilian workplace.
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - Provides Veterans counseling to start, grow, and succeed in their businesses, as well as, provides information on how you can get help accessing capital, competing for federal contracts, and creating jobs.
- Veterans' Job Mission - is a group of companies that have agreed to give hiring preference for military veteran applicants.
- Veterans Outreach Center - Aims to help veterans stabilize and re-enter the workforce.
- Vets Employment Center - Connects Veterans and their families with meaningful employment and career-development opportunities, as well as, creating a resume, cover letter, or completing a job application