The mission of the MS in Holistic Nutrition degree program is to provide professional holistic nutrition and physical health recommendations from which community programming and client education can be based. The MS in Holistic Nutrition program offers students a focused training in advanced applied holistic nutrition. There is an emphasis on integrating holistic nutrition research and coaching skills to prepare graduates for direct application of holistic nutrition theory, science and concepts in holistic health lifestyle planning for optimal health.
Holistic nutrition is the foundation to any holistic health lifestyle plan for optimal health, and the demand for nutrition education and nutrition professionals has increased. There are a number of factors that fuel this demand, including increasing research of efficacy, dissatisfaction with allopathic models (particularly for chronic health problems), and an aging population. The Bureau of Labor and Industries projects employment of dietitians and nutritionists to grow 16% from 2014 to 2024.
Nutrition State Law Disclosures
if you are interested in pursuing a career in nutrition or dietetics, you should consult with the appropriate state board to assure that your credentials will allow you to achieve your professional goals. Many states have enacted laws that regulate the practice of dietetics and nutrition services. You can also view more information online here. Please note this degree does not satisfy the requirements to become a CHES Health Educator or a Board Certified Nutrition Specialist® at this time.1
- Holistic Nutrition Consultant, Educator, Writer, or Speaker
- Holistic Nutrition Consultant within Community Health Organizations, Government, Residential Care Facilities, Schools, Prisons, Community Wellness programs, Retirement Villages, Old Age Homes, Frail Care Centers, Nursing Homes and Home Healthcare Agencies
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Holistic Health Educator , Writer, or Speaker
- Health or Holistic Nutrition Coach
- Certified Nutrition Therapy Practitioner
- Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
- Nutritional Therapy Consultant
- Master Nutrition Therapist
- Wellness or Lifestyle Coach or Consultant
- Health Care Industry Assistant - Day Spa, Holistic Retreat, Spa facility
- Support roles including: Administrative or support role in any company in the healthcare industry, Customer service role within the healthcare industry, Sales associate role within the healthcare industry
- Medical Assistant, administrator, reception, or other support roles in a licensed naturopathic clinic
The Master of Science in Holistic Nutrition degree is also designed for:
- Medical professionals wishing to increase their knowledge of holistic nutrition to augment a new or existing practice, including Medical Doctors, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Naturopaths, Nurses, Veterinarians, Respiratory Therapists, Mental Health Counselors or Social Workers.
- Consumers looking to integrate holistic nutrition and wellness principles into their life for personal health and well-being.
Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree or higher from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education. Candidates must submit official transcripts directly from the issuing institution along with one professional letter of recommendation. All applicants must be recommended for admission by the ACHS Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name to view each Total Course Price. Information is also provided in the Program Fact Sheet.
 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Career Guide to Industries, http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dietitians-and-nutritionists.htm.
 Please note: In addition to completing this program, documentation of 500 hours (includes a minimum of 250 direct contact hours and up to 250 indirect contact hours) of professional experience in holistic nutrition is also required. NANP also offers an exception for new graduates that defers these requirements for two years if the exam is taken within 12 months of graduation. Please visit https://achs.edu/alumni/professional-exams-registration for more information or contact https://www.nanp.org/board-exam-eligibility.
 Please note that this program does not prepare students to be eligible to sit for the NCHEC CHES exam and become a Certified Health Education Specialist, or to sit for the Board Certification Examination for Nutrition Specialists to become a Certified Nutrition Specialist® at this time.
Last revised 2/3/20